Friday, February 5, 2016

When You Start Spending Your Weekends Nights At Home

When you start spending your weekend nights at home more often than you go out and do things, you're officially a grown up. No, maybe not really, but that's the conclusion I've come too.

After a long work week, I want nothing more than just to relax and do a whole lot of nothing. Can I get an AMEN? My dad asked me what time I normally go to sleep and I responded with, "If it's 9pm and I'm not already in bed, then I'm going to be tired in the morning."  I don't know if I'm just more tired lately or what but I need my sleep. I don't see how all you working mothers sleep like 3 hours a night. I think I would go into shock from lack of sleep. Ralph also starts winding down about 8:45ish and he's just too cute not to cuddle with in bed (that's my sweet baby dog, by the way)!

I don't have the desire to go and stay out all night anymore either because it sure is exhausting! I used to enjoy doing things like that but thank goodness my heart is in a different place now. Matthew 6:21 says, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." That's so important for everyone to remember, and I've really taken that to heart.

SO... ain't no shame in going to bed at 9pm. Get your rest, wake up early, watch the sunrise. I think that is the best time to spend with yourself and The Lord. I enjoy doing my quiet time at night before I go to bed, but being able to have that special time in the early mornings just to think about the day ahead and pray for the upcoming day, you couldn't start out any day better than that!

Now, GO TO BED! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment