Friday, February 19, 2016

When You Stop Putting Crap In Your Mouth

I have always loved chocolate. And bread. Oh, how I love bread. Somehow after I got married my body completely changed and there went an extra added twenty pounds. Then when I started stressing about the extra weight I've put on, there went another added  ten pounds. AHHHHHHHH! Awful, I know. I guess after I got married I got into a completely different schedule with work, bills, and cleaning the house, which by the way, I have no idea how my house gets so dirty so fast so I'm blaming it on Ralphie. Anyway, back to my weight gain.... I decided a few weeks ago I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. So I made a few life changes and have learned a few different things along the way.

First thing I did was go to the dentist. Yes, you heard me correctly. I started having a horrible toothache that hurt so bad I couldn't even eat anything on that side of my mouth. The dentist said I have a horrible, messed up jaw muscle that functions completely different than everyone else's. Wonderful. I have an overbite, and every time I bite down my teeth are all touching at different times causing stress on my jaw muscles. He said that's one reason why I have such a fat face. Okay, he didn't really say that, but that's basically what he meant. I pretty much have a body builder jaw muscle. My tooth pain was caused by my stressed out jaw muscle. The dentist told me I didn't need to open my mouth too much, but I also didn't need to close it all the way. Also, he said only eat soft foods. My gosh, am I just an 87 year old woman in a 24 year old body... So there was a good excuse to seriously start a life style change.

Next, I cut back on my portions. WAY back. Like eating half of what I was eating on a daily basis. I was "hungry" the first couple days and found myself just wanting to pick up some food when I was bored or didn't have anything to do. I have found that it's amazing how much food your body needs when you're giving it the correct amount and type of food. Depending on your daily activity, your body really doesn't need as much as I thought. I haven't been starving myself, but I also haven't been stuffing my face to the point I can't breath.

Next, I cut the crap. Junk food, including stacks and desserts, foods full of sugar, and bread. Yep, I cut my one true love. Spark helps me with morning and afternoon cravings. After 3 weeks, my "skinny" jeans said thank you. It might feel good at the time while you're eating those things, but they never really make you full, they just make you want more of it to try and make you full. It's amazing how much better you feel when you cold-turkey quit the junk.

Last, I've been weighing myself every other day. I hate the scale, and I never would weight myself. Probably one place I went wrong before. Now that I keep up with my weight more closely, I can see that if I've gained a little, I'll think back to what I ate the day before and change my ways. So far I've just continued to lose, but I know there will be a time where it might go back up. I just have to stay strong and don't give up because I just seriously have no choice. 

Nine pounds down, twenty one to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment