Monday, January 25, 2016

Top 10 Best Concerts of my LIFE! (So Far)

I have seen many AMAZING artists in my short 24 years here on earth. For today's post, I wanted share some of my best concert moments so far. Most of my concerts are with my Dad. We share the same love for the same type of music, mainly classic rock. I was raised right!

10. Eric Clapton

I bought my dad tickets to see Eric Clapton a couple summers ago I think it was. I paid a little extra to have some closer seats since this was his Father's Day gift. He came out and MAYBE played an hour. He played a lot of his new blues music and not enough of his best hits. Not my favorite but still awesome to say I saw Eric Clapton in concert.




9. Yes

I didn't know who this band was until my dad said he bought us tickets to go see them in Huntsville. They rocked it big time! We had a blast.



8. Bob Dylan

My dad, sister, and myself went to see Bob Dylan in Birmingham. He's so old we could barely understand the words he was saying, let alone sing along to "Tangled Up In Blue" like we do every time we're in the car. Still a good concert and again it's awesome to say I've seen Bob Dylan in my day :]


7. Destiny's Child

I will NEVER forget... Third grade Big Spring Jam. Mom and Dad let me and Sarah stay up SUPER late just to see Destiny's Child in concert. All I remember is being on my dad's shoulders and bouncing up and down and screaming constantly. I fell asleep in class the next day, but it was so worth it.



6. John Fogerty

Nick's mom won these tickets off the radio and I'm so glad she asked us to go with her! When I say us, I'm referring to me and Nick.. should have made that clear before :] He played a lot of his old CCR stuff and it was a great concert! CCR is one of my go-to jams for when I have my convertible top down.




5. Journey

I almost couldn't get anyone to go to this concert with me because it was during the work week, so my music-livin' Aunt Bebo came to the rescue and we had a great time! The lead singer ALMOST sounded like the real one.




4. Steve Miller Band

Steve Miller opened up for Journey, but they played better than Journey did! Steve Miller is also another one I jam to with the top down. They closed with Big Ol' Jet Airliner and it gave me chills.




3. Elton John/Billy Joel

I was 16/17 when Dad took me to Atlanta to see Elton John and Billy Joel in concert together. That was when they liked each other I guess. Such an awesome concert, two legends in one night. I saw Elton John again not too long ago in Birmingham with Dad and all his daughters and it was even better the second time. Here's a video of the second time I saw Elton John! Hopefully you're able to view it :]





2. The Rolling Stones

I mean, need I say more? Awesome show. Even though it was about 115 degrees outside and I was hallucinating due to a heat stroke I thought Bob Dylan showed up. Nope, it was still Mick Jagger. Brad Pasley opened up for him and Carrie Underwood AND Joe Walsh showed up. Rockin' night. This picture was taken from our seats. Not bad!




1. Hanson

I am the number one BIGGEST Hanson fan of all time. I've been with them since the beginning and I'm not going anywhere. I've seen them 5 times in concert, with the last one being in Birmingham with my sister. We showed up 4 hours early, stood in line for a standing room only, and I was literally touching the stage. The girl beside me obviously forgot to wear some D.O. and she had her arms up the WHOLE time, but I suffered through it to be able to TOUCH Taylor and Issac, get a guitar pick at the end from Issac, and have Zac smile at me. Literally, I was singing along and smiling at him of course and he smiled back and two girls beside me was like, "OMG HE JUST SMILED AT YOU." I literally cried when the concert was over. Best night of my life. The very first item on my bucketlist is to be able to have a meet and greet with all the Hanson brothers. I would die of happiness when it was over. Here's some awesome pictures of the most amazing night of my life.



Zac smiling at me. AHHHHHHHH!!!





I look forward to the day I meet Hanson! And all the other many concerts I attend. One piece of advice for anyone wanting to go to a concert: GO! Who cares if it's a work night or too expensive. I had the opportunity to see The Eagles and I couldn't get my dad or husband to go because they said it was too much, now I'm even MORE mad at them because we will NEVER be able to see The Eagles again! So spend the extra money and be tired the next day, sometimes you just can't pass up the opportunity for a good show!

2 comments:

  1. You've seen some good shows! Before i had grown up responsibilities, i used to go to concerts all the time. some of my favorites have been - The Eagles, Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, Phil Collins, Sting, Bon Jovi and Melissa Etheridge (to name a few!). I'm jealous you've seen Clapton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stinks being a grown up! When I worked at the hospital I had more off days especially during the week so it was easy to go to concerts, now I have to ask off of work! BLAHH

      Delete