Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Transformation Tuesday-Our Home

Nick and I have been married for a little over a year now. We live in his parents rental house that is next door to his mom's house. It's tucked away in the woods and you can't see it from the road because our driveway is like a half a mile long. I found some pictures from when we FIRST walked in the house after the old renters moved out and thought it would be awesome to do a Transformation Tuesday post!

(I had to steal the "after" pictures from my sister's Home Tour blog post because it was definitely super clean and right now I have dishes out and the bed isn't made.)

First: our screened-in patio. The previous renters used the patio as storage. Nick and I love the outdoors, so we wanted to make this patio an extension of our living area.

BEFORE


AFTER


Next: our main living area. I love open concept. Our kitchen, living room, and laundry are all in one area. The house is so old the laundry is in the kitchen, so when we build that is one thing I look forward to is having an actual laundry room!

BEFORE
The white thing on the wall is our heating/cooling unit. They are very eco-friendly.

AFTER
I HAD to use bright colors in this house because, as you can see, the house is basically all wood.
One of my favorite things about the old house was this sink, so we had to keep it!


Guest bedroom. I love how this room is on the corner of the woods. The entire window view is woods!
BEFORE

AFTER

Next is the office. This was originally going to be our bedroom but my sister-in-law had the great idea of making our master in the old living room, so now this of our office/Nick's closet/storage.
BEFORE

  AFTER

Next: the bathroom. I can't wait to have more than one bathroom in the house. Me and Nick are both small people, but even WE can't fit in this bathroom comfortably together. We didn't do much other than paint and decorate, which can REALLY go a long way!
BEFORE

AFTER

Last but not least, our master bedroom. Like I said before, it was supposed to be our living room and our kitchen and dinning room were together, but we don't do formal dining and didn't need a huge dinning room table, so we decided to have a more intimate living area with an open concept kitchen. I LOVE OPEN CONCEPT. Definitely going to stick with the open concept once we build. And I love how our master goes right off to the patio. It's nice having the extra lighting in our bedroom.

BEFORE

(The renters were very messy people. They left tons of garbage for us to clean up.)


AFTER

The house doesn't have much, if any, overhead lighting. We don't have any overhead lights in our living room or master bedroom. We use a lot of lamps! Even though half of the bedroom doors don't close all the way due to the foundation shifting, and every time I drop my chapstick it rolls all the way across the room, AND our toilet hasn't flushed all the way since Christmas, we still love where we live and know one day we will built an even more beautiful home right on top of where this one is standing.

It's amazing to see how far we have come with the house already! Some things have changed since these "after" pictures were taken (new pictures hung, different decor, etc), but I love how we have been able to make it our own and grow as a couple in the house we call home.


2 comments:

  1. You did such a great job on the house! So proud of you!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nurses have a special place in my heart! It takes such a caring person to be able to do that job!! Your house looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete